Monday, March 29, 2010

Cooking amid Construction


As shown above, cooking is still happening in the work zone. I am about to serve a steaming casserole of finocchio con latte al forno or fennel baked in milk. This recipe is from the April issue of Saveur Magazine. It is basically fennel bulbs poached in milk & butter, then baked with cheese on top. Delicious. I have been admiring the beautiful fennel bulbs and their bright green feathery tops at the farmers market and this is a delicious way to fix it.

Our usable kitchen is spread out in spots not under construction. Below is the wash-up area in the laundry room. The microwave and hot plate and some storage is in the dining room. The coffee maker and toaster is in the front hall; and I still have the oven, two small counters & two cabinets in the kitchen proper.

1 comment:

  1. That is so cool! We can't wait to visit. The fennel recipe sounds ohhh sooo goood! I wish I could have some.

    ReplyDelete