Sunday, March 7, 2010

Bloody Mary Salad

I came up with this little number while trying to figure out what to do with limp celery and tomatoes that had only about 24 hours left in them...
To my delight, it captured the essence of the cocktail in a yummy way...
I like an olive garnish in my Bloody Mary, so I included one here too!

Salad:
- Tomatoes - sliced and de-juiced
- Celery - chopped
- Diced Green Olives - chopped
- Shallots - chopped
(Spinach or wild greens would work too for a lighter salad. Cucumbers and and hot pepper vodka would be a nice tribute to The Del's Bloody Mary.)

Dressing:
(Emulsify the following)
- 1/2oz Vodka
- 1/2 oz Olive Oil
- 1/2 oz Lemon Juice
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- Dashes of Tabasco to taste (I like lots!)
- Dash of Celery Salt
- Cracked Pepper
- A dash of sea salt (- watch the salt level!)

Toss and Refrigerate for 30 minutes or more (If using the greens toss right before serving).
This would also make a fun bruschetta for a cocktail party, or could be served in cocktail glasses with a garnish for fun!

* Cutting the tomatoes ahead of time, removing seeds, and salting them and letting them sit will draw out some juice that can then be used in the dressing, as desired

I just threw this together, so the measurements aren't exact, like any good drink!  I'd like to make the dressing a little thicker, but maybe de-juicing would help.

1 comment:

  1. Wow that looks totally delicious and retro-fabulous! Looks like something out of Mad Men.

    ReplyDelete