Monday, August 2, 2010

Breakfast for Dinner

I never have time to cook a big breakfast on the weekends because either Andrew and I are sleeping in (we take turns). Since big Saturday morning breakfasts are one of my favorite family memories and because I love breakfast foods, I am starting a new family tradition. At least once a month we are having "Breakfast for Dinner" (another favorite family memory!)

Instead of just doing waffles or pancakes, eggs, and sausage or bacon, I am using this opportunity to make all the insanely decadent breakfast foods that I've always wanted to try, but not had the energy to make early in the morning.

Tonight we kicked things off with bacon, lemon ricotta puff pancakes, strawberry syrup, and vanilla ricotta sauce. The syrup and ricotta were both homemade. I also made tomato salad and the blood orange jicama salad (with organic Valencia oranges, since blood oranges are not currently available now). Everything was mmmmmm, mmmmm, mmmmmm!!!!
The pancakes were out of this world, and definitely on the future holiday meal menu options list.

It also felt reasonable eating such a decadent meal, since it was the main meal of the day.

1 comment:

  1. OMG I want to be at your next breakfast for dinner! The lemon ricotta puff pancakes sound delicious. We'll be sure to have them during a holiday gathering. I'm glad the ricotta making was successful. Love!

    ReplyDelete