Hi everyone! As the record-breaking heat of Summer 2010 winds down, I finally can use my oven again. Hurray! My inaugural baking project used up a batch of plums that came from Erica's CSA share. These plums were fairly tart and not very juicy so my thoughts turned to baking. I used Grandma Marie's recipe and it came out fabulous. Not too sweet, very reminiscent of childhood. My only change was to use slices rather than whole halves because I was worried I would run out of plums. I made two cakes: one we ate right up and the other went in the freezer.
Friday, September 17, 2010
First Fall Baking: Zwetschgenkuchen
Hi everyone! As the record-breaking heat of Summer 2010 winds down, I finally can use my oven again. Hurray! My inaugural baking project used up a batch of plums that came from Erica's CSA share. These plums were fairly tart and not very juicy so my thoughts turned to baking. I used Grandma Marie's recipe and it came out fabulous. Not too sweet, very reminiscent of childhood. My only change was to use slices rather than whole halves because I was worried I would run out of plums. I made two cakes: one we ate right up and the other went in the freezer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yum! I always liked the plum-version better than apricozenkuchen!
ReplyDeleteI made it with figs from our tree & that was also very tasty. I used one third whole wheat, one third unbleached and one third amaranth flour for the cake, which tasted amazing. Let the baking season begin, Mom
ReplyDelete