Winter squash season is fast coming to a close. We have been having warm weather and I am thinking more about planting winter squash, than fixing it. I think I will save the space in my garden and enjoy the many types of delicious winter squash that will show up in our Farmers Market this coming fall.
However I recently made this easy & tasty version of winter squash; which I wanted to share with the C&R gals. It is a change from the standard brown sugar & butter version I've always made. The recipe features thyme & garlic, two of the best friends a veggie can have.
Here is all you do:
Cut winter squash into serving size pieces; drizzle each with olive oil and season with salt & pepper. Drizzle a baking dish with more olive oil. Make small piles of fresh thyme springs and peeled whole garlic cloves and place a squash piece upside down on each pile. Bake until tender in a 350 degree oven, (about 45 minutes.)
Serve right-side-up with the thyme & garlic on top. You will be surprised at how much the flavors blend.
With that I say "so long" to winter cooking and roll out the Bar-B-Que!
No comments:
Post a Comment